His Presence is in His Purpose
Could it be possible tht we have the em-fas-is o the wrong si-lob-el? Is it possible that Jesus wants to give us a better accent? When you accent is good it disappears and you no longer stand out. You are speaking the language of the people. I believe that the appeal of Jesus on earth was he spoke the language of people's hearts. He didn't have "good news", he was "good news". In order to get the emphasis on the right syllable I can imagine saying things like:
- I would rather be your teacher than your savior.
- Faith is more about being than believing.
- I came to live for you more than die for you.
- True justice is service not control.
- True religion is relationship not righteousness.
- Christianity is compassion not condemnation.
- Following is obedience not observance.
- The cross does not convice God to love you, the cross convices you to love God.
- I don't crave your wors of worship but I really need your acts of service.
We can all be in the process of learning the accent of the kingdom ofGod for the accent is found in his purpose and his purpose is Love.
After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God.